Steers Photography

This be my blog. And notepad on my study, and place to post whatever I feel like about my photography.

zondag 17 oktober 2010

Portrait of a loved one

One of the assignments for the module was "Portrait of a loved one". Just went and picked my uncle for that one.

Summer definitively was over already, and had taken the bright midday lighting with it. As I had no flash at my disposal I was working with speeds of approx. 1/30-1/60, which lead to a good many of the photo's being slightly unfocused.
I had decided on the general surroundings of the portrait beforehand, as I know my uncle quite well, and didn't need to observe him first in order to see what side I needed to show of him. It would be either him with his piano, or with the massive gong he acquired a few weeks before, and which he would play ever so softly.



In the decision-making process beforehand I already had decided on that I wanted his photo to be like him: gentle and introverted.
In order to achieve this I kept his face a bit dark and/or hidden, and didn't have him looking in the camera.
I picked the photo with the gong in the end, mainly because it's the clearest, and partially because that was the advice of Else as well, and she'd be the one judging the photo's in the end.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten