Steers Photography

This be my blog. And notepad on my study, and place to post whatever I feel like about my photography.

zondag 17 oktober 2010

Night photography

Started experimenting with what one might describe as "budget studio photography": taking a flashlight in the dead of night, and using it for interesting lighting effects in combination with long shutter times. Results tell me that for these things the results are best if the light doesn't actually shine on an object, but past it, in order to create the mysterious effect. The higher the contrast, the less happy I was with the photo. The important thing here was texture, and one shouldn't kill of the important aspect by lighting it too much.

In this photo one of the elements that make it much better is the flammable icon on the can of spraypaint. However, this was a lucky accident in putting down the can, as I never paid attention to what text / layout would be visible. Next time better pay attention to these details, as after all it's details I'm shooting.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten