Steers Photography

This be my blog. And notepad on my study, and place to post whatever I feel like about my photography.

zaterdag 15 januari 2011

Retrospect: First period - The Basics

This first period did teach me a couple of extremely important things, but arguably the most important ones don't concern actual photography.

It confirmed what I knew already, that I am too stubborn for my own good, and should step off it a little, and occasionally admit I am wrong.
It further showed the need for more careful planning, and the dire need to carry things through 100%, and not take it 90% of the way, lose focus, and hurry the last 10%, which lets the final product looks messy and shabby.
At the time of writing this is something that I still heavily struggle with, and which still showed in the assessments of period 2 and 3.

Photographically the main point was that it is not art, and one first needs to learn the rules before he breaks them. Quality is a first, artistry comes after.

Another realisation is that the hardest part for me is not to get the actual adjustments done, but to know what I need / want to change in the first place. Getting to know your camera, computer, and other assorted material inside out is relatively simple. Getting to know which way to start to solve a problem is something that'll end up being the main thing to learn.

And I fucking should stop worrying if I don't know exactly how to go about something ><

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten